|
You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough. |
|
|
Jason Mraz feat Colbie Caillat - Lucky MessagesPrevious Posts |
Tuesday, August 28, 2007 If I were 10 yrs younger...
Being a new mother, it is always good to keep up with the times of the young people nowadays, to be aware of what's going on amongst children and teenagers, what's "in" for them and what's not.
I didnt really felt any distance between myself and the younger people in my church when I was teaching bible study before marriage. Suddenly being married and pregnant just changes everything. I just felt so "auntie" besides those sec 1s and 2s...teaching them not to succumb to peer pressure and BGR stuff and to concentrate on their studies, spend more quiet time with God...yada yada... you know...I bet they thought I was boring. However, I am still young at heart in so many ways (aka childish, I still go crazy over Strawberry Shortcake stuff..keke..) however, my situation now is definately different from friends my age who are single, available and SKINNY. (btw i still have 6 more kg to go to my pre-pregnancy weight, and now I can only lose it through proper diet and exercise, breastfeeding doesnt help anymore.) Seriously, motherhood changes it all. Not that it is all that bad, although yea I wont get to have those exciting first dates or first kisses with the guy I fancy or buying that Gucci or Coach bag without thinking twice that I need to save money for my baby's stuff. But carrying my baby, seeing her cute little face and playing with her cute little hands and feet, having a loving husband who still acts cute (and is cute) to give me butterflies in my stomach, having my heart beat faster when we kiss, having someone to share the bed with (it is lonely without him) AND, sometimes still get nervous when holding hands such that I will have sweaty palms. I DONT KNOW WHY. hehe...hey its just our first year into our marriage, you cant expect us to be lao fu lao qi already. Yea....all these in exchange for the freedom of singlehood. It's time to move on. BUT yet... still keep up with the times of the youth. I was flipping through the channels on my cable a long time ago when I came across the show High School Musical. ![]() I remembered watching that scene where the lead actor and actress were singing on stage and the gal had stage fright and then suddenly she is alright and singing her heart out after getting encouragement from the guy. YAH, that scene. I was thinking to myself, oh man, this is so amateurish, so kiddish, so not my type of show anymore. Seriously that gal cant act. Yea that guy is cute and I will definately fall head over heels in love with him....if I were 10 years younger. ![]() Aint he cute? A few months later, my hubby was telling me that the kids at his school love the show High School Musical so much so that they even know how to dance to the songs. That got me interested in watching the show (I didnt finish watching the show when I first saw it on cable) to see what the hoo-ha is all about. So I finally managed to catch in on Channel 5 and then I understood. This is like Grease in modern times. wahhahaaa.... I remembered when I was younger and singing and dancing to my all time favourite musical Grease, wishing I was Sandy and there will be a Danny sweeping me off my feet. keke... The more I watched the High School Musical (there were repeats on Disney Channel), the more I felt if I were 10 years younger, Zac Efron's pictures will definately be pasted all over my wall, oh no, in our times now, will be all over my desktop wallpaper. Like how I used to go gaga over Leonardo Di Caprio when he looks like this. ![]() And now I want to watch Hairspray, not only because they say it is like the next Grease but also because Zac Efron is in it. ![]() And James Marsden (Cyclops) as well. okayyyyy...and because of the great actors like John Travolta (aka Danny in Grease), Michelle Pfeiffer and the storyline. Somehow darling doesnt seem interested in watching it though. ![]() But seriously, Zac Efron is quite cute and I can imagine all the younger girls swooning over him....I heard he is like the hottest thing in Hollywood right now. ![]() ![]() ![]() picture with hot babe, Jessica Alba ![]() And many hearts are broken all over the world because he is currently dating his HSM's co-star, Vanessa. ![]() But actually I think he is more suited with the other co-star, Ashley. ![]() because firstly, she can act better and secondly, she is much prettier in my opinion. OKAYYYYY I feel so 13 yr old right now. I seriously am looking forward to watching High School Musical 2. Hehe...at least when the younger ones are getting excited over it...I know what they are talking about!! And their dance steps seem quite easy to follow too! ![]() Though one thing I must mention, some pictures of Zac Efron just reminds me of Clay Aiken. I can hear Zac's fans screaming in the background...noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Zac Efron ![]() ![]() Clay Aiken ![]() keke...ok. I should be getting back to celebrity dudes in my era............Jay Chou ROCKS!!
link | posted by alwaysDaBabe at 1:06 PM |
1 Comments:
Want to Post a Comment? |