You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

staff meeting, staff lunch @ Coca, book shopping @ Kino

That was how the whole of yesterday was spent. Was rushing my emails early in the morning before the meeting.

I like to read...since young...I love the smell of new books, turning the crisp pages and bookmarking them, highlighting if there is a need...wahaha...however I guess as I grew older..I have lesser time to really sit down and read a good book esp novels...

my office has this book shopping activity for staff enhancement about twice a year where staff can get to pick out at least 2 books to read and the office will pay for them. after reading, the books will be returned to the staff enhancement corner where we have a mini library of books that we can borrow. the key thing is that you have to pick books that are relevant to your work like event management, leadership, motivational, networking, marketing, communications etc.

I read quite a few of these books and they are quite useful...this time I picked out 3 books for our collection.

1)Whatever you Think, Think the Opposite by Paul Arden (author of "It's not how good you are, but how good you want to be")
2) John C Maxwell - Becoming a person of Influence (read "25 ways to win with People" - not bad)
3) Toxic People - Decontaminate Difficult People at Work Without Using Weapons Or Duct Tape by Marsha Petrie Sue

Have to read them by end of the year and return to our library.




link | posted by alwaysDaBabe at 8:59 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela