You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2008!



On 24 Dec at about 5 plus pm, I was quite inspired to blog about some thoughts of mine. However as darling and I were rushing to go out and have dinner followed by Christmas candlelight service in church at 10pm, I didnt. So hence, here is what I can remmeber from my inspirations that night.

It all started when I was rushing to get dressed and at the same time bathing Chloe, changing her clothes that I have prepared, there I was, wearing my black chiffon dress and putting clothes into the washing machine and adding detergent...and I thought,a year ago and two...I was getting all made up, getting all pretty and perfumed, possibly waiting for darling to pick me up and taking me to dinner at a fine restaurant and exchanging Christmas pressies....but now in exchange was.."dear have you gotten all her extra diapers ready? milk powder?? wet tissue??" or "dear she is crying can see what she wants, I am putting on my makeup" or darling will be asking me "dear what am I wearing?" ( I am the one who decides what he will wear by the way, after marriage it seems that I have taken on the role of the clothing planner and I pick out clothes for him and hang it out outside the wardrobe with an invisible card that says 'this is what u should wear today', yup and most of the time I buy the clothes for him ) anyway.........how things changes.

no christmas pressies...(too busy to secretly buy one)..no hanging out late after candlelight service (anyway I am scared of those scary pple spraying foam all over orchard road)...no getting excited coz darling is staying over (which is like once in a year on special occasions, my family and his..are pretty conservative) no dinner at fine restaurants where reservations need to be made..more of like rushing to do this and that...multitasking at the same time...and now baby comes first...even before hubby.

after church we came home, bathed her...fed her and then sang and patted her to sleep, dried out clothes, wash some more clothes..milk bottles etc and so by the time all these was done, it was already 2 am and we konked out in bed...no energy even for romantic love-making.....who was I kidding?

woke up at 8am, again another rush to get dressed..preparing baby's stuff..bathing and changing her again, then off to church for Christmas Day service...after service, exchange pressies with friends.....no time even to stay to take our annual friends Christmas pictures and then its rushing off for a family gathering ..by the time we came home, we were so tired...Chloe, darling and I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening sleeping on the same bed...all exhausted.

That was how my Christmas went. All for this...


my lovely baby Chloe..when she smiles or laughs, her cute little antics....well, its all worth it. :)

I am a wife and mother now...and being a wife and mother comes with new responsibilities, sacrifices and new found joy in different ways. Not that I am lamenting about how my Christmas went...it was perfect the way it is...coz I got Chloe and hubby with me....and of course the main reason of Christmas lies not in the fanciful dinners nor pressies...it lies in the reason that we are all saved through Christ Jesus. Amen.

but would I love to have a romantic candelight dinner? sure, anytime! would I love to get all excited wondering what's in store for me in that little blue pressie box? sure, bring it on! would I love to have all the energy, getting amorous without having to think about baby and wearing my sexy lingerie and doing you-know-what-comes-next thing? sure, bet my hubby would say "of course YA!!"

but all these need not be done on Christmas Day or Valentine's Day or Anniversaries...I am sure by the time Valentine's Day is here, it will be again another rush to change diapers, feed the baby etc...no longer will such days will be so significant not because we are no longer romantic people, but because everyday will be Christmas Day or Valentine's Day or our anniversary...everyday will be perfect the way it is..with Chloe and Darling. my new found happiness...all are satisfied.

to one and all, hope that the year 2008 will be an even better one for everyone! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!


link | posted by alwaysDaBabe at 11:26 AM |


1 Comments:

Blogger JameZ commented at 1:16 PM~  

That is all part and parcel of growing up. We go through different stages in life and our priorities change. As we progress, our desire for "superficial needs" will hopefully be replaced by those of relational and familial love.

I really enjoyed this little emotional trip that you put us through, and I can safely say that this is one happiness that money can't buy. Have a wonderful 2008!

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela