You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, November 15, 2007

managers

For all the years working for my company, I have always been plagued by bad managers. I just dont understand. Either they keep hiring the wrong people or the higher you climb, the more annoying you become. Seriously, will I be like that when I reach that position?

My current manager is someone who is greatly disliked by most of my colleagues. I have heard about him but never really worked with him before until he transfered over to my division to head the team. Working with him, I found him to be a very rude person who has no respect for his subordinates, is great at delegating his work and claiming credit for what others have done. As much as I endured his rudeness and always putting people down, today's event was really the ultimate for me. He scolded me not once, not twice but three times. I felt that the words he said were really unfair to me and it was really hurting.

There are a few ways in dealing with him:

1) Bear with it. Do nothing. Complain to others about him.
2) Fight with him, retort and scold him back. Stand up for myself.
3) Do nothing for THAT moment. Then on a separate occasion, complain about him to the Director and ask for a transfer citing that you cant work for such a person anymore.
4) Tell him that he is unreasonable, tell him that you dont want to work for him anymore. If he says fine, then write an email to the Director asking for a transfer and COPY him in the email.
5) Tell him that he is unreasonable and then make "peace" by asking him not to be rude to you so that you can work with him better. If he doesnt change, do step 4.

Well, I am the sort who isnt good at confrontations, I cant retort back quickly when someone puts me down or "say" me, I definately cant be a lawyer. I will lose all my cases. I cant be on a debate team either. I am not slow at digesting what others say, I am just slow in retorting, or thinking something good to "say" them back.

I only listen, say what I feel at that moment, then take in and afterwards complain profusely about how maligned or angry I am. Yah so most of the time, I end up getting really angry (to the point of crying) and will regret that I didnt say this or that in that person's face.

Darling said that being slow to anger is always good. Listen and slow to speak as the bible says. You may regret if you say or do certain things at the fit of anger. I always think alot and then pen down my thoughts afterwards or share with someone. And I dont like to dwell in the unhappiness so after getting it all out, I will be fine.

Just like now.

So alot of colleagues encouraged me to speak up, to tell the Director. Not the first time someone complained about him anyway. I did had "feedback" sessions with my Director before but has never asked for a transfer because of someone. But I really cant stand him now, looking at him or talking to him makes me very uncomfortable. What should I do?


link | posted by alwaysDaBabe at 10:14 PM |


1 Comments:

Blogger cs commented at 12:11 PM~  

I can't speak up for your colleagues, but in office politics, should rather wait for someone else to tell the Director and stay out of it.

Slow to anger is good, once words are out of the mouth, cannot take back anymore.

p/s. chloe is so cute!!!

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela