You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Blessings

I think I am a fickle person. Yah, I always have this 3-minute hot enthusiasm in a lot of things I do and the way I think. I have this erratic changeableness or instability, especially with regards to affections or attachments. I can be very happy for one moment and then very sad the next or vice versa. Sometimes I have this sudden surge of passion for my work in the morning and then it dies down in the afternoon. I will wake up in the morning and think that life sucks and by the time I am sitted at my desk at work, I suddenly could list down so many blessings in my life that I couldnt think of one thing in my life that sucks. Even my work seems so enjoyable. Haha.

Yah I change my mind and my mood easily.

If only I can be happy all the time and think of all these blessings ALL THE TIME, then there wont be periods of depression. But however, it always after these depressions that I suddenly feel the uplift in spirits and think that life is WONDERFUL. If there werent any downs in our life and everything is smooth sailing, we wont be able to appreciate the goodness and blessings as much as we do now. Coz life aint easy, but it is how you make it out to be. As I always say, most things in life are blessings, some are just blessings in disguises.

I think we as humans compare too much. We like to see how other people have this and have that and we dont and we think that our life is not as blessed as theirs. Or that we need to have this and have that and do this and do that then we can say that our life is fulfilled. No. Our life can be fulfilled by just the simple things in life, like sound of your kids calling you "Mummy" or "Daddy" when you come home from work, or the look in your lover's eyes before they bend and kiss you. Or how you see the delight on your customer's face when you go that extra mile to help them, or just sitting there watching the sunset with your dog beside you and enjoying the scenary. If we can stop to list down all the blessings we have and look at the brighter side of life and start to appreciate and choose to be happy, wouldnt that be nice?

Not everyone have their dreams fulfilled or have the ideal job or gets married and have kids. They can be single and happy. They can have a cleaner's job and are happy. They can be disabled but are happy. It is not to focus on what you do not have but what you do have. It is not about the destination but the journey. It is not about the results sometimes but the process. Yeah you get the idea.

For us Christians, we do not need anything else coz everything that we need is in God and will be provided by God. For someone who feels that they lack nothing feels the happiest. Coz there is absolutely nothing for them to be unhappy about.

Have you counted your blessings today?


link | posted by alwaysDaBabe at 9:40 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela