|
You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough. |
|
|
Jason Mraz feat Colbie Caillat - Lucky MessagesPrevious Posts
|
Monday, January 22, 2007 F.R.I.E.N.D.S. ![]() I read a forum post online about a girl who felt her best friend has changed eversince they went to High School and she is upset coz her best friend is no longer her best friend anymore. The advice given to her was "People change. It would be nice too say that they don’t but they do. Perhaps the thing that stays the same in people is the things that they really love, like chocolate ice cream, a certain movie, a book, maybe a favourite colour, but essentially, everyone still undergoes changes just trying to fit into their space in society..... ...Do not get caught up in the emotion of things because emotions are very powerful and can suck all your energy out. Do not get too attached to things and people and situations because life is a CONSTANT change and things and people and situations always come and go." I kinda agree to a certain extent as I am facing changes everyday in my life with regards to friends. Friends come and go in my life but only a few stayed. I always said that time will tell who are your true friends or people you can hang on to. However sometimes when you thought that you are good friends with someone for a very long time already and you kinda felt that recently things have changed....at that moment....you feel hurt or sad. That things have to turn out this way. Time did tell...and he/she wasnt the friend you knew before. Yah you both have pretty good memories but reality is... one of you changed...or both. And things just arent the same anymmore. You lose contact....you found other new friends. You moved on. Or...you realised..actually both of you dont really click that well...there were some ways you both connect..but fact is..you always cant stand certian habits or behaviours or characteristics...and it always irritates you and when you decided that you cant take it anymore or you have matured that you think you dont need all these nonsense...you want to call it quits...after like 10 over years? And it happens to boy-girl relationships as well. Somehow the bottom line is happiness right? Why make yourself suffer? If it is not going well...then ...if that is the best option. It just kinda feels sad...at the end of the day, you reflect..you feel empty...all these years to find out that you two no longer have the same kind of feelings anymore. Or at that particular moment, you dont have any good friends.....people you can really trust and be yourself when you are with them. I chatted with Louis with regards to this subject and he related to me a case where he lost contact with a good friend, regained contact and become good pals again, grew apart, lost contact then regained contact after a while and become good pals again. And now they are like the bestest of friends..after years of being together and apart. It is nice to know that there is a chance of reconciliation or sorts. Where people whom I once considered close are no longer close and then in the future we will become close again after some incidents. There is a chance. Who knows. But the thing is NOW. Feels sad...and empty to realise the fact that your good friends are no longer your good friends. So should we follow the advice given earlier in the forum "Do not get too attached to things and people and situations because life is a CONSTANT change and things and people and situations always come and go." ? Will that make us less....optimistic..trusting...geunine...give it all...when it comes to a relationship? Or will it be better to have loved and lost? Give it all, you got hurt, but it was all worth it. I know I have other friends (thanks for your encouragement Louis!), maybe I am just greedy. I wouldnt mind more. The more the merrier. Haha...so it is kinda sad for me to lose friends now and then, here and there not because of big fights or quarrels but just because of changes. Coz I put my feelings into them. Got too emotionally attached. I have one best guy friend who is also my hubby. He knows everything and there is nothing much I can hide from him. I have a best female friend who was my maid of honour during my wedding who is also my cousin. Although we may not keep in touch or talk for some time due to work, different lives, other friends, family but we do meet up now and then, and whenever we do, although we have changed, certian things still remained. Our close bond and relationship. I know one friend who will never change no matter how much you have changed or the environment has changed. And He will always be there. His name is Jesus. :) What a friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear! What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer! O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear, all because we do not carry everything to God in prayer. Have we trials and temptations? Is there trouble anywhere? We should never be discouraged; take it to the Lord in prayer. Can we find a friend so faithful who will all our sorrows share? Jesus knows our every weakness; take it to the Lord in prayer. Are we weak and heavy laden, cumbered with a load of care? Precious Savior, still our refuge; take it to the Lord in prayer. Do thy friends despise, forsake thee? Take it to the Lord in prayer! In his arms he'll take and shield thee; thou wilt find a solace there.
link | posted by alwaysDaBabe at 4:38 PM |
0 Comments:Want to Post a Comment? |