You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, October 19, 2007

Satan! Get away from thee! - How writers like these spoils everything.

Almost cant believe my eyes when I came across this at Borders last week. Just had to take a picture and then go home and research about it. Nope I am not going to write an entry to criticise his book because firstly I DONT WANT to buy this book to read and add to his sales and secondly I dont want to spoil my eyes...oh MY EYES!! GET AWAY FROM ME!

God is not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything (published in the United Kingdom as God is Not Great: The Case Against Religion) is a non-fiction book by author and journalist Christopher Hitchens.

In the book, Hitchens contends that religion is "violent, irrational, intolerant, allied to racism, tribalism, and bigotry, invested in ignorance and hostile to free inquiry, contemptuous of women and coercive toward children." Hitchens' main arguments for his points include a combination of personal stories, documented historical anecdotes and critical analysis of religious texts. His commentary focuses mainly on the Abrahamic religions, although he discusses other religions (such as Hinduism and Buddhism) as well.

Hitchens' critique of religion comes down to four main points:

- Religion misrepresents the origins of humankind and the cosmos
- Religion demands unreasonable suppression of human nature
- Religion inclines people to violence and blind submission to authority
- Religion expresses hostility to free inquiry

You can read more about it in here .

Ok so you dont like religon doesnt mean you should write a book like this? I mean seriously......people like these?? Ar.. go burn in Hell.






link | posted by alwaysDaBabe at 8:34 AM |


1 Comments:

Blogger SATheologies commented at 6:52 PM~  

>Ok so you dont like religon doesnt mean you should write a book like this?

Dinesh D'Souza criticized such attitude like that of Hitchens when they debated over religion. It goes something like this:

I dont believe in unicorn. So i dont care or think about unicorn. I dont read books about unicorns, and definitely, i wont write a book about unicorn. The atheist is different. They dont believe in god but they think, read, and write books about or condemning god.

It shows something. It's more than a belief that the atheist has.

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela