|
You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough. |
|
|
Jason Mraz feat Colbie Caillat - Lucky MessagesPrevious Posts |
Tuesday, April 22, 2008 Confessions of a Shopaholic ![]() For those who have read the book by Sophie Kinsella, I can so totally relate to it. Yah, to the dismay of my hubby and the joy of credit card companies, I am a shopaholic. Maybe not to the extent though, of what the character, Rebecca Bloomwood, in the book does like avoiding to pay her credit card bills coz she has no money and coming up with lame excuses to the bank to delay her payment. It is a long story, go read the book. Highly recommended for girls out there. But alas, a story is a story no matter how good it is. It is fictional, made-up, not real, unrealistic, dream on. Like harlow (which by the way it is the name of Nicole Richie's daughter....obviously they are not Singaporeans coz nobody in the right mind in Singapore will name their daughter Harlow. I mean I am sure alot of Singaporeans type the word "Harlow" the very first thing in their msn chatbox. Like Harlow...you there? or Harlow..what's up? It sure will bring a whole new meaning to the word if someone is named Harlow. Like harlow Harlow? Want to go out this evening?...So duh....) Anyway where was I? I got this bad habit of digressing. Oh yah, as I was saying, the book...like harlow???? Where got so good one in reality where some girl get chased by two millionaires and she falls in love with one of them. Yah right. This regular girl, who has a bad habit of exceeding her shopping budget with purchases often items, she doesnt really need or cant afford, gets wooed by two of the richest bachelors in the country. Sounds like me minus the millionaire. But anyway, it is a good book, fun read, exciting, over-the-top situations that cracks you up and makes you want to read until the end to find out if she will end up with that millionaire, and whether or not she will eventually pay her bills. I read in the whole book in a day. That is how free I am right now. I am so getting the new few books of the series, Shopaholic takes Manhatten, Shopaholic ties the Knot, Shopaholic and Sister, Shopaholic and Baby. I know, the books came out like a long time ago, but I am only reading them now. Been seeing them at the bookstores since dont-know-when but always didnt have the time to get down to buying them and reading them. And plus, there were other books around. Anyway, now that I am hooked, I've got to watch the movie when it comes out probably next year. Isla Fisher is acting as the main lead. ![]() She is pretty and engaged, and has a daughter with Sacha Baron Cohen aka Borat aka Ali G. LUCKY GUY. Reality is like getting hitched to a not good-looking husband but rich, or good-looking and sweet but not that rich, or good-looking, rich but is weird like Tom Cruise or, good-looking, rich but doesnt believe in monogamy. There is always something not there coz nobody is perfect. It is just how you want to look at it and accept it and know that no matter what, he is YOUR perfect choice. The One. They dont call them "The One" for nothing. And besides, you are not perfect yourself. I am a shopaholic. Help.
link | posted by alwaysDaBabe at 10:17 AM |
0 Comments:Want to Post a Comment? |