|
You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough. |
|
|
Jason Mraz feat Colbie Caillat - Lucky MessagesPrevious Posts |
Thursday, June 19, 2008 Reflections
I like to think or rather I think alot. I think this is attested many times in the entries that I blog. I like to reflect on stuff, when I am in the toilet or in the car, or on the bus or eating, or even walking. Some revelations are quite uplifting, some make me just feel sadder or even more depressed. Some are resulted from conversations I have with loved ones or friends.
Humans are indeed complicated beings. No amount of research could really dissect and analyse completely a human's mind. There can be theories or opinions or books written on it but the fact is that human psychology was, is, and will never be, thoroughly comprehensive. I once dreamed of being a psychologist but I thought that a shrink would never make it big in Singapore, possibly higher chance of survival and success overseas. The selfish career ambition of being a psychologist is not to help others to feel better, but it was actually to help me to feel better. I thought that if I knew everything, why humans behave a certain way, how to deal with emotions and people, I would be happier. In addition, I love hearing others tell me their problems so that I can analyse, interpret and then give a good and rewarding explanation and advice to that person. And when they are happier, I feel happier. Hence, the bottomline is, it was actually a selfish ambition. However, I realised that if you knew everything, you would have been God. But alas, we are not God, just let God be God. The journey of life is to discover, and to attain the knowledge that will make us more Christ-like in our behaviour and emotions so as to build up our treasures in Heaven where we will be spending our eternal life in. We are learning and growing each day so dont beat youself up if you dont know stuff. Maybe that's why some people think that knowledge is power. Coz they just hate to lose and they just want more ...and more. But there is a catch...sometimes, somethings I realised...dont think too much is the best way out. The more you think, instead of feeling better, you feel worse. The more you think about what others will think or feel about you, the more you cant be just yourself. The more you think about the past hurt or whatever grievances you have, the more you would prob be more melancholy and would probaby avoid certain things like falling in love or making friends or trusting others because you are afraid of getting hurt again. We are all different, and all of us put on different masks everyday. There are so many facets of each person and each situation that it is impossible to really predict the exact outcome of each relationship and event. Really some things dont think too much. Just let it go, it's no point making yourself feel unhappy. Some of the happiest people in this world are not because they knew everything beforehand but because they know how to deal with things when situation arises. Someone dies, they mourn then they move on. Someone broke up with them, they reflect then they move on. They lost their job, they picked themselves up and move on. They dont have that fabulous spouse or that fantastic house, but they still enjoy every min of their time on earth. Why? Because maybe some times, they just dont think too much ......of what they have lost or what they do not have but appreciate the good things in life and just be happy. There are no perfect lives, it is just how perfect you view it to be. Life still goes on and it is short, so just live it.
link | posted by alwaysDaBabe at 10:55 AM |
0 Comments:Want to Post a Comment? |