|
You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough. |
|
|
Jason Mraz feat Colbie Caillat - Lucky MessagesPrevious Posts |
Monday, March 10, 2008 Do you feel this way too?
Do you feel sometimes that some people whom you thought you knew very well is somehow now, not what you think they are?
Or maybe it is because you actually dont really know them well in the first place. Or you THINK that they are like that. BUT in actual fact, you were wrong in the very begining. So you actually presumed wrongly? Then when you found out that they are not what you think they are, you feel cheated in some sense. And this sometimes doesnt happen over a few days or months, I am talking about YEARS... So actually for all these years you thought that for eg. your friend was a really nice girl, but in actual fact, she is a total DIVA. But you didnt see it all these while....and really...you WONDER why. Does this happen to you? Well, I'm sure some of you will feel the same way at some point of time. And then you will say " I didnt know that..." Either people change (sometimes not for the better), or we were too quick to judge or think we know some people really well. Humans are all along complicated beings. Or we presume things about people based on our own assumptions. So what happens next? Do we let go that so many years of friendship or for some, relationship, and pretend that we dont know the person anymore? Or do we just hang on for that many years of friendship/relationship... just for the sake of it. I always feel cheated and disappointed when I come to situations like this. Maybe because I feel like I am open book, so what you see is what you get. If I am bitchy, I am bitchy. If I am nice to you, I am nice to you. I wont pretend to be nice to you if I dont like you. So when people are not what I think they are, I feel cheated. Then again, I cant base my assumptions on others. Afterall we are not the same people. So back to my question, what happens next? I think I should not put so much high hopes on others. There are some friends whom after all these years, are still the same people I know in primary school and I am thankful for them. But there are those..that after these years, I have to be prepared to let them go. Because we are no longer what we are in the past. Hence, we no longer can get along for some reason or other. And hanging on and thinking that it will be the same again may not happen for the next 5, 10 or 30 years. So really...just let it go. And for those other friends that you probably known for a few months, be thankful that perhaps you have seen their true colours now instead of later. And also, dont expect too much from others. A kinda pessimistic entry for a blue Monday.
link | posted by alwaysDaBabe at 9:29 AM |
2 Comments:
Want to Post a Comment? |