You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

SHOCK

*The following entry contains some mature content. Read on only if you are above 18, no sorry, make that 21.*

Got a huge shock this morning as I was googleling some stuff online. I clicked on a what seemed like a harmless link and the next thing I knew, some blonde girl was staring at me with her large mascara-laden eyes with a humungous penis in her mouth and some other girls were showing off their private parts in almost non-existent lingerie. I almost fell out of my seat and shouted. I quickly hit the 'back' button as though I have seen something so forbidden, my eyes would probably go blind with another second look.

I admit I am no saint. Just that at the moment, in an office setting, it just seems totally not right. I was thinking how come our computer centre doesnt have some blocking device to block off such sites. Can you imagine some PERVERT can be using the office computer or student computer labs to search for porn? NO RESTRICTION AT ALL.

I mean, if it is in your own home, it is your prerogative. BUT IN THE OFFICE!! Or in SCHOOL!

And also...I am afraid of whatever viruses that these sites may have. I heard from my colleague that we do have firewalls. So I guess that is ok. Imagine your computer crashed coz of some virus from such sites and when the computer guy comes and fix your computer and he finds out it is because of such porno sites, it will be so embarrassing even if it is an accident that you chanced upon the site.

Why no firewalls for such porn sites in school or in office? My office for that matter.

Some offices dont even allow their stuff to go on the internet. You need to apply and be granted the access before you can go online. Ridiculous. How to do work like that?

Back to my case, I still think there should be some form of restriction to the availability of such sites in a school or office setting.

Anyway it basically woke me up on a sleepy Wednesday.


link | posted by alwaysDaBabe at 4:21 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela