You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, February 23, 2007

Thoughts from a Friday morning

I am getting bigger by the minute. Especially from the waist down...duh...but I hope it doesnt get too big until it is difficult to regain back my former shape after birth!!

Just saw this in the one of the emails that were circulated around.

Sagittarius Employee Profile (november 22 - december 21

The Sagittarian employee is head strong, cheerful, and willing to help. They exude self-confidence and take on tasks like there's no tomorrow. They are willing to tackle even the toughest of projects as long as it is challenging and gets them out of the routine. Lucky for them, their shining personalities and honest enthusiasm seem like a bright spot in the office - otherwise co-workers might begin to build animosity towards someone so arrogant and extravagant. Their tendency to exaggerate and take on more then they can handle usually results in missed deadlines and dropping the ball-not because they are lazy of procrastinate, but because their enthusiasm just gets the better of them sometimes. Don't let their nonchalance fool you-they really do care about what they are doing. They just have an easy-going attitude that allows them to keep on smiling even when they just messed up big time. Just because they are flexible and easy-going doesn't mean they won't tell you exactly how they feel-what is working for them and what isn't. And they won't just blindly take orders - they need to understand the method and reason behind the process. If you are trying to motivate your Sagittarian employee, be sure to feed them plenty of challenging new projects and hint that some business trips might be on the horizon once deadlines are met. And whatever you do, try not to question their intentions - it is the quickest way to make them upset. They aren't capable of deceit.

Actually I am not sure whether I totally agree with it. There are some parts which are very true though.

The part about challenges? Hmm..when I have challenges I will be stressed out!! Whenever I am faced in such a situation, research is the way to go. So the starting process is kinda slow, gradually picking up along the way. I wouldnt say I thoroughly enjoy the process but it does have a great sense of satisfaction after that when you have learnt and completed something.

But I do enjoy doing new stuff, routine bores me. Like the current President's Dialogue Lunches I have been doing for AGES.

Am I contradicting myself?

Anyway, I do have a list of pet peeves about work, especially the first one, irritates me EVERYTIME:

1) I DISLIKE people who thinks I am very stupid and who doesnt know how to do things or who cannot make it. Just like last time in programming in Uni, I refuse to ask the guys for help coz they think I am BIMBO. I may seem like one (because I like pink and cute stuff) but doesnt mean I AM. I may not be very good at it since I found out a tad too late that I am not cut out for it but doesnt mean I AM STUPID. I am good at other stuff OKAY.

In the same way, I currently have a direct superior who breathes down my neck, thinking I dont know what I am doing when he himself is the one with NO KNOWLEDGE whatsoever and that is why he is sooooooooooooooooooooo GAN CHEONG. My darling says that people who are buay zhai in their work tend to be very gan cheong, anxious people. But people who are zhai in their work will not be so anxious coz they know what they are doing and when to do it.

So means...my superior is BUAY ZHAI. Sometimes the suggestions he comes up with are really crap. Doesnt know the background or situation then anyhow PONG. Please la. When told that his method may not work because of this and that, he will say oh no...you dont understand, you must do this, do that. ...YAH RIGHT.......YOU ARE THE ONE WHO DOESNT UNDERSTAND LA WAKE UP!

2) I dont like it when people act busy or complain that they have alot of things to do or are doing alot which in actual fact what they are doing are nothing compared to others.

3) I dislike people who brag about what they did. People can see what you have done and praise comes from others is more credible than coming from yourself.

4) I dislike people who take credit for other's work. Enough said.

5) I dislike people who thinks they know alot, better than others and start telling others what to do but in actual fact whatever they say, WE ALSO KNOW. AND WE KNOW MORE OR KNOW IT EARLIER THAN YOU.

6)I dislike people who are very lor sor. JUST GET OVER WITH IT.

7) I dislike people who doesnt share information. Just because they think that whatever they know that others dont is having the edge over them. DUH!!! No teamwork.

8) I dislike people who doesnt give constructive critisims. I welcome suggestions and how I can improve but not destructive critisims. You so clever, you DO LAR.

9) I dislike people who doesnt know the facts then anyhow scold or yuan wang others. Bosses please take note.

10) I dislike people who keeps on talking and talking but not doing anything. No action talk only.


link | posted by alwaysDaBabe at 8:36 AM |


1 Comments:

Blogger kappyo commented at 5:17 PM~  

soso, wat is the scorpio one?
haha
-lynn

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela