You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Back

So fast and our office retreat is over.......phew!!

It wasnt THAT bad. Haha........oh well.... mixed feelings.

First of all I enjoyed the SPA session on the last day. Great massage with pretty good ambience. Wouldnt mind coming back again although I still prefer last year's one at Sentosa Beaufort Resort and Spa.

The hotel was okay (Changi Village Hotel)...my room was facing the carpark so basically there was nothing else to look at outside the window. Stayed in my hotel room to watch Victoria Secret's Fashion Show on the first night...WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! then went to sleep coz was too tired...didnt go to other colleagues' room to play cards or chit chat or eat supper and people-watch at Changi Village .........different compared to last year where I slept quite late hanging out with gd friends and having loads of fun. Perhaps coz most of them have left the office...or was it all???

Hope they will change the ruling that we have to hold our retreats locally. Used to have it overseas.....when can we go overseas again??!!!

Food wise was okay. My colleagues keep on mentioning that I dont eat alot for a pregnant woman. Maybe coz of my pregnancy, I am quite picky with regards to food? Didnt eat alot except for breakfast on the last day. Think Chloe loves american breakfast like eggs, bacon, sausages, baked beans and coco pops with milk. YUMMY.

For activites like teambuilding games and interaction, I am not really into it since my heart wasnt there in the first place. Luckily for me this year, because of my pregnancy there were a number of games which I dont need to play. So I was basically the co-photographer of the day...taking photos and watching them have fun. To me, well, what for play so many teambuilding games and start analysing about lessons learnt etc? I see people talking about the lessons learnt and how they can apply it....will they really?? When we come back to the real world, will we start applying all these stuff? Maybe for the next few months when lessons learnt are fresh in our minds but after that things will go back to square one....as usual....been here for 3 yrs...cant help but feel disillusioned.

Feedback and suggestions, you want to hear from us. We say what we want to say. Not all are heard or implemented as usual. For this year, I didnt talk as much as I used to. Guess when you stopped caring, you stopped thinking and then you stopped talking.

Anyways, all in all, I got a nice surprise on the last day when they gave out some awards to staff for different categories like 'Most Punctual', 'Most Healthy (least or no MCs taken throughout the year), 'Most Helpful', 'Most Innovative', 'Most Customer-Oriented' and 'Make It Happen' awards. I got one. Hehe..500 taka voucher! Not bad, not bad at all...:)

My conclusion? There are indeed some people whom I got to know better. Some impressions of certain people changed a little..for the better. Some colleagues I talk to more.............again. Some colleagues are still the same...no change. I felt appreciated when I got the award on the last day. It was a nice feeling. Will they keep on doing such stuff? I dont need the money...I just want to feel appreciated. It certainly motivated me a little to change my decision when I thought about my new year resolution this year aka to change jobs.

The more I am determined to leave my work place. The more I will feel sad, coz I really enjoyed what I am doing. I like the place coz its near my home. I like the surroundings and the environment. But its just the people (including management). And they say it is the culture here. Well.......everywhere you go, things wont be perfect anyway. Perhaps out there it is even worse? I dont know. Maybe I should stay within NUS and go to another department? Maybe...

It is so ironic when colleagues that left my office said that they feel the saddest about leaving the people here coz the people here are really nice...keke maybe coz they met me....:P ....ar..shut up.........Well most of the time, the reasons for leaving this place were mostly about the management. However, there were some, who left coz of certain people and culture. Such a contrary.

Everywhere you go, human relations are very important. How you treat people, how you see them...how you interact with them. I certainly learnt alot about this area when I started work till now. Never been more analysing, philosophical and bible-verses-implementing towards the situations that I am put in.

Some people can just do their work and not be affected by others. Office is just a place for them to do their job, get their pay and get out. For me, human relations are just as important as the love for the job. I cant really enjoy to the max what I am doing if...the people I am working with are not that nice. It just makes work very frustrating.

Maybe I should just not think too much into it and adopt a heck-care attitude. Or a I-cant-be-bothered-for-my-own-good attitude.

My darling doesnt have such human relations problems....he just so understanding, good-tempered, ever-forgiving, never-suspecting, always-trusting but never blindly-accepting kind of person. I always think that God placed him in my life to teach me to be a better person.

I am always grateful for the people I met along the way, who stood by me and gave me support, who gave me laughs and little words of appreciation. These are the friends who made working life so much easier and better. I hope that time will make us even stronger friends. And those lost bonds along the way, perhaps one day we will be good pals again. Friends are important to me coz I am a people person. If let me be, I would love to have everyone as my good friend. But things are not the case in reality. I am contented with what I have now. Thank you to all those friends whom I made in my past 3 yrs here. You know who you are. :)

Seems that whenever I blog about office stuff, it seldom seems happy. Haha.......but that doesnt mean that I am a melancholy person all the time. I find that whenever I blog the unhappiness, it just goes away and I will be happy again. Haha.......sounds weird? I just need an avenue to let it out, last time was talking and talking, now it just blogging and blogging. The blogger era.

Took some pictures with some of my colleagues....going to post them tml...when I upload the pics..now I am too lazy even after writing this long entry. Contradicting.


link | posted by alwaysDaBabe at 8:11 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela