You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Segway To Go



Butterflies fluttered in my stomach as I head towards Sentosa’s newest attraction - the Segway Sentosa’s Go Green Hub - beside the Beach Station. Although I am always game for fun rides and adventures, my knees went soft when I hop onto the two-wheel Segway personal transporter. Armed with a safety helmet, I embarked on my maiden ride round the Gogreen circuit.

My friendly personal trainer gently reassured me on the safety aspect of the vehicle and promised not to let go until I am ready to ride on my own. After the initial getting-used-to, I was effortlessly gliding away on my own in the circuit, challenging myself on the slopes and u-turns.

Running on sophisticated technology, the Segway sensed my body movements and automatically adjusted the speed of the vehicle so that I kept my balance at all times. Launched in the United States 7 years ago, the Segway is touted as the future of personal transport – a self-balancing electric vehicle that moves by leaning forward and backward. This pro-environment transporter runs on batteries and can travel up to 20km/hr.

Segway Sentosa is a joint venture between JCAM (Jackie Chan Advanced Mobility) and HTAM (Segway Singapore) which introduces environmentally-friendly short-distance transportation alternatives. Currently, there are at least 200 Segway owners in Singapore who to commute on them around the Central Business District and within Sentosa Cove.

Being the first Segway Eco-Adventure Tour in Asia, Segway Sentosa offers guests two rides – the introductory Fun Ride ($10 for 10 minutes) to learn the basics and a Guided Eco Adventure tour ($35) that takes one along our Sentosa beaches.

- one of the articles written for my staff newsletter... I got to try the Segway for free coz I needed to do the review...hehe..and since darling picked me up from work that day, he also got to enjoy the free ride. :)


link | posted by alwaysDaBabe at 9:30 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela