You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Our Singapore Idol




Got quite irritated by Gurmit Singh's comment on Singapore Idol yesterday which goes something like this:

"Letters and emails have been coming in after Mathilda's exit last week saying that she shouldnt have been booted out as she was one of the most talented singers in this competition. Well people, we just have one thing to say.. (looks intently into the camera) ..it is all YOUR fault. You do not vote enough. Vote wisely now, vote for the talents."

It's true in some sense. To all those who wrote in complaining about Mathilda's exit, why then didnt you vote to keep her in? Also..please she should be out sooner or later! So what if she has the talent, she doesnt have the package lah so why would we want to continue seeing her on screen. Come on...it is Singapore IDOL not Singapore Talent! My gosh, what irritated me was the part about voting for the talents and voting wisely.

HARLOW!! Like I said, why we want to continue watching people blasting out their big vocals with distorted faces and not so attractive appearance. I want to see funny Paul Twohill or cool Jonathan and sauve Hady anytime. Which I predict will all still be in the competition as the remaining last three after which Paul will get booted out coz Singaporeans are quite kiasu, they dont want to send someone who doesnt really sing that well to malu Singapore in the world competition as much as they like him. So it will be left with Hady and Jonathan which kinda like deja vu with Taufik and Sly the last time. Any of the two wins, I am happy. The rest I predict will be out...just take the cue from Hady, perform every week as if it is your last. Which will be soon anyway, Jasmine, Joakim and Nurul.

But I am not going to vote still, waste of money la. In or out, doesnt make a difference in my life! I got more important things to spend my money on. Too many of these kind of voting thingy. I used to be one of those to vote, but once is refreshing, twice is still okay but three, four, five times, STOP IT ALREADY! You think we Singaporeans are so rich to spend on your voting systems? Sms for charity not enough still must sms to those act cute (but only some cute) faces with finger number signs on TV. My gosh.


link | posted by alwaysDaBabe at 9:08 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela