You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, October 30, 2006

To Perth and Back


Didnt blog for so long as I was away on holiday with no lappie nor access to any internet connection. We just came back from Perth after six wonderful days of enjoyment and relaxation. It was purely shopping, sightseeing, shopping, eating, shopping, relaxing, shopping, sleeping, shopping, photography and last but not least...shopping. :)


The people there are very relaxed, taking things slow and easy and also very polite. Didnt face any racial discrimination as opposed to the stories I heard about Australia. Same as what I felt when I went to Gold Coast 2 years back. Maybe working or staying there is different as compared to being a tourist over there? I am not so sure.

In any case, we had a excellent time.


With God's Blessings, we are able to have the privilege of staying in my father-in-law's friend place, yea, the same couple who sponsored us tickets to Perth. The house was HUGE, see pic above. Yes the house is an exact replica of the drawing.

Like I said, the people there are very relaxed. They work shorter hours and then spend the rest of the evening watching tv, enjoying the company of friends and loved ones over dinner or sleeping. They sleep pretty early I heard. Not many nightspots over there as most of the shops close at 5.30pm. Only some of the restaurants or cafe open until quite late for people to have dinner or coffee and dessert. There were a few 24-hr chemists (pharmacies) around, didnt notice any 7-eleven though.

So we did most of the shopping in the day and in the evening, we had sumptuous dinners or just soak in the hot tub and had a early night rest.

The weather was great but it can get pretty hot in the afternoon. It is Spring now. Think come Summer time will be really very HOT. There werent any haze. Sky is so clear..all the pictures we took seems quite surreal..like an Internet Explorer wallpaper. Haha..

Went to the wildlife park (aka zoo) to take really close-up pictures of koalas and kangeroos...how can we leave Australia with not a single pic with them. Hee...koalas are sooooo cute



Till the next time...will update more with pics of Perth.


link | posted by alwaysDaBabe at 6:22 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela