You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 14, 2008

Hair Extension


I extended my hair last Sat.

I am the kind who gets bored easily with my hairstyle. I had short hair and long hair at various periods of my life. When I was younger, it was mostly short. When I grew older it was mostly long. I dyed it (for a few times) before, rebonded it (for many times I cant remember), permed it (twice), straightened and now I have tried...hair extension.

All of which, hair extension was the most uncomfortable. Putting on the extension was ok, no pain at all. Washing it the first time at the salon and blow drying it was agonising coz the hairdresser tugged at my hair a few times. When I washed it myself it is not painful being more gentle. Then the first night , I couldnt sleep well, coz it was excruciatingly uncomfortable when I rested my hair on the pillow. Second night was not that bad considering I did have a good night's sleep but nothing beats the comfort of having nothing attached to your hair while you sleep.

In any case, for the sake of my so-called beauty, I have to persevere until then.

The reason why I did the extension coz I didnt like my short hairstyle. The first time I cut it was alright, it was an bob inspired by this...



But because I didnt rebond it hence any normal hair will curl out at the sides and every time before I went out, I had to blow dry it to achieve the look I wanted.

So I decided to trim the sides to make it an even bob and that's when the mistake started. The STUPID hairdresser made a mess (in my opinion) of my hair and I thought I look horrid. I think I lamented a few times on msn with my friends. Of coz hubby reassured me that I look nice whatever hairstyle I cut but to me, it just wasnt the look I wanted.

So I waited for like 2 months (did trim once in-bet to make it better) before I went for hair extension. And now, I am going to wait another at least 2 more months for my original hair to grow slightly longer such that it will be another look altogether when I take the extension out. Hopefully it will be ok by then and I no need to worry about my hair.

The hair makes up a lot about how you look and how you feel about yourself and thus affect your confidence level. A lot of people say that I look cuter and younger when I have short hair but sweeter and sexier in long hair. Quite stereotyped. Well I've always told myself everytime I do something to my hair that it will be the last time I going to do this and then I will not do anything to it. But then the next moment, it is another urge to go to the hairdresser again. Anyway I am only twenty plus once...if not now then when? When I have no hair at all? On that , one thing to note though, have hair (whether long or short) is better than no hair at all.

This is the first and last time that I am going to do hair extension. Not ever again. This also serves as a reminder to me not to cut my hair short again unless absolute necessary. Shoulder length is still acceptable. Will someone please remind me, if I ever have the urge to go to the salon to cut it short, no matter what the trend is at that time, that I am going to regret it and bring me back to this post.

That will make me reconsider.

Thanks.


link | posted by alwaysDaBabe at 10:21 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela