|
You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough. |
|
|
Jason Mraz feat Colbie Caillat - Lucky MessagesPrevious Posts
|
Monday, March 21, 2005 What irritates me most
What irritates me most is those people who likes to bring you down and show off to you that they are much better off. What's their problem?? There will always be people like these and worse still if they are your good friends. Or so you think. According to an article in a women's mag, these people are toxic...so you really have to decide whether you still want to continue that friendship coz there is really no point in being with someone who constantly runs you down. This also applies to relationships. My colleague shared with me her past experience with her ex-boyfriend. This guy likes to show to her that he is much better in terms of looks and abilities. He is always the better one and behaves as though my colleague is beneath him and that he can get someone better. Unfortunately they have been together for 5 years before my colleague decided to call it quits. She should have done it long ago man. She deserves someone so much better.
I have a friend who is in this category of toxic people and I am currently in contemplation whether or not to tell her off or just give her the cold shoulder until she realises that I don't need her as a friend. She is the kind who can't accept criticisms, always want to be in the centre of attraction, can't be alone and wants compliments. I may be a person who enjoys being in the centre of attracton or welcomes compliments but I certainly can accept criticisms as I know my limits. There are girls who are prettier or better than me and I accept that. Unfortunately this friend doesn't. She is pretty but her character sucks. She is unforgiving and biased. She gets jealous when someone steals the limelight from her so much so that she will run that person down. In one such case, everyone complimented me on a dress that I wore saying how nice I look that day, she will be the one who will go, "Nice meh? She looks like a dance hostess." That hurts. A lot. Considering the fact that I treat her as a good friend and I go all the way to do things for her. She is so totally not worth it. She will try to get closer to other people showing that she has so many close friends and that she is very well-liked. Wait till that day comes when they will see her true colours. I concluded that she does all things to hurt me either coz she is jealous (which my other close friends think) or she just simply dislikes me. If that is the case, why pretend to be my friend? Her actions contradicts herself. One moment she is my good buddy and the next she runs me down like she simply hates me. I just can say that she is TOXIC. I have to really decide for myself whether I still want to continue caring for this friend or just end the friendship by not bothering about her. The fact that I am still friends with her after about 2 years is that even though there were moments of anger, there were also some good times when we really enjoyed each others' company. However come to think of it, I wonder if those times she was her real self or she is just putting on an act. She somehow doesn't behave that way to other people. Maybe coz she feels that I am a threat to her? So does that mean that I have to be "beneath" her all the time? I don't think so. I am confident of myself and happy the way things are so I don't need to feel as though I am worse off...at all.
link | posted by alwaysDaBabe at 8:52 AM |
0 Comments:Want to Post a Comment? |